Reasons Why Writers are Superheroes
The power to play literary god at your fingertips. Who wouldn’t manage to get a power rush from that? Here are ten reasons why writers are like your favorite cape-crusading, sidekick-bailing, villain-jailing superheroes.
- Writers can play god and kill/create characters at a whim
- Writers who go undercover and report on bad conditions can do a lot of good, like Nellie Bly who helped uncover the hellish scenario of insane asylums in the late 1800s
- Writers can control an entire Not only do writers create worlds, they kind of are the world.
- Writers have the superpower of imagination
- Superman can save a cat in a tree then help an old lady cross the street all at once. Writers can plot a book and attend a family dinner all at the same time (hint: inside their head. When a writer spaces out in a conversation, they’re just plotting their next book)
- Superheroes fight supervillains. Writers fight writer’s block
- Writers have a weakness. Superman has kryptonite. Writers have coffee, tea, and lack of sleep.
- Iron Man had Jarvis. We have the almighty Google.
- Batman has a bat mobile. We have laptops to take us on magical journeys to manuscript land.
- Superheroes save the day and are pretty damn awesome. And so are we.
Leave a Comment