This is closer to a writer version of an online personality quiz, but I decided to write a light-hearted post of what your music playlist means if you’re a writer. Don’t take it to heart. Or do. Whatever floats your musical boat.
Let’s get… listening?
- Silence. Hello darkness my old friend… I’m either mysterious, or writing this on my laptop at the local coffee shop on my typewriter. Or I just can’t focus with music, you plebeians.
- Movie soundtracks. Oh yeah. I’m writing the next blockbuster movie-book-three-figure-deal right here. Or I just really hope to.
- Classical. I am so cultured. Look at my refined tastes. That, or like the silence person, I just can’t focus with those gosh-darned lyrics!
- Classic rock. Ah, the good old days. They just don’t make music like they used to anymore. Nostalgia’s a cruel, cruel mistress.
- Dubstep. I need LOUD MUSIC to distract me from my THOUGHTS/ BACKGROUND NOISE as I’m TRYING TO WRITE HERE.
- Pop. I just turn on the radio. I don’t really have a specific music taste. Who has time to make those extensive playlists anyways?
- Emo. I just… have…so many… FEELINGS that the dark poetry of my soul cannot comprehend.
- Foreign music. Why can’t I live in INSERT-PLACE-HERE instead of INSERT-BORING-PLACE-HERE?!?
- Heavy metal. I am summoning the Antichrist. Or I just really like heavy metal. One of the two. Or both.
- Ambient noise. I like listening to birds. Or rain. Or wind. Or I just need something to block out all the noise. SHUT UP, JANET!