I’m about to head off to college soon, so here’s one lighthearted article before I go off into the metaphorical wilderness of moving in (and the literal wilderness of a freshman camping bonding trip). Sure, some people sincerely are concerned with your wellbeing. And some people simply aren’t. Here are a few comebacks for those who say “no, a real job…”
P.S. No offense intended, just some fun.
- At least I have one.
- Neither is breathing, but you still do it.
- Why don’t you get a real friend? No, a real one.
- Mhmm, yes, why don’t you write a book and then come back to check on me later if it’s just that easy?
- It’s not a hobby, actually. It’s a life decision.
- I’ve found what makes me happy. Have you?
- I understand you’re worried about me, but not as worried as I am about you. (This one’s actually sort of sweet. Sort of.)
- And the winner for the greatest killer of joy and goodness is…
- *stare into their eyes for a few seconds until they get uncomfortable and then walk away slowly
- *laugh loudly- Oh wait, you were serious?
- Did you hear that? No, my mistake, I thought I heard common sense.